John Williams and Peter Hurford Play Bach
Recorded February 1981 at
St. Catherine's College Chapel, Cambridge
Producer: Roy Emerson
Engineers: Mike Stavrou
with Peter Hurford, Organ
All compositions by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Wachet auf! (Cantata BWV 140) Arr. Hurford [06.02]
- The Gigue Fugue BWV 577 Arr. Williams [02.57]
- Adagio from Sonata 4 for violin & Basso continuo BWV 1017 Arr. Hurford [03.11]
- Trio Sonata No. 6 in G BWV 530 Arr. Williams
- First movement from Italian Concerto BWV 971 Arr. Hurford [04.05]
- Adagio from Pastorale in F for Organ BWV 587 Arr. Hurford [03.43]
- Trio in G BWV 1027A Arr. Williams [02.52]
- Allemande from French Suite No. 6 BWV 817 Arr. Hurford 02.34]
- Bourrée from English Suite No. 2 BWV 807 Arr. Hurford [01.29]
- Gavotte & Musette from English Suite No. 3 BWV 808 Arr. Hurford [04.18]
- Gigue from French Suite No. 5 BWV 816 Arr. Hurford [03.45]
Bach Music For Lute Volume 2 features the following pieces from this LP recording:
Wachet auf!, Gigue Fugue BWV877, Trio Sonata No. 6 BWV530, Italian Concerto BWV971, Adagio from Sonata No. 4 BWV1017.
Wachet auf! is also included on The Golden Guitar (1989).
The remaining tracks remain to be issued on CD.