Portrait of John Williams
Recorded June 1982
Producer: John Williams
Engineer: Mike Stavrou
(on tracks marked *):
with String Orchestra, leader Pat Halling
Harpsichord & Organ Continuo Leslie Pearson
- Antonio Lauro: Seis por derecho [03.21]
- Alan Clare: Castilla [04.08]
- Francisco Tarrega: Recuerdos de la Alhambra [03.32]
- J.S. Bach: Cello Suite No. 1 BVW 1007 Prelude [02.30]
- * Antonio Vivaldi: Concerto in D major R.230 [08.56]
- Lennon/McCartney Arr. Brouwer: Fool on the Hill [03.33]
- Agustin Barrios Mangoré: Vals No. 4 [03.45]
- Leo Brouwer: Guajira /Danza Caracteristica [04.01]
- * Stanley Myers: Cavatina [04.15]
- Antonio Lauro: El Negrito [01.46]
- Yuquijiro Yocoh: Sakura Variations [05.10]
Notes: the guitar played throughout this recording was a Greg Smallman except for the addition of a Martin Fleeson on the second guitar part on Fool on the Hill.
The following LP compilation features pieces from this recording:
Le Grand Classique includes Fool on the Hill and Cavatina.
Tracks from this recording feature on the following CD compilations:
The Guitar Album (1994) includes the Bach Cello Suite Prelude and Recuerdos de la Alhambra
English Guitar Music (2000) includes Castilla, Fool on the Hill and Cavatina.
The Guitarist (Expanded Edition, 2003) includes Recuerdos de la Alhambra;
The Ultimate Guitar Collection (2004) includes Recuerdos de la Alhambra.